Crusaders

YOU MUST LOGIN

Toxic Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toxic Thoughts

Post by Lecrae on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

http://www.sidroth.org/site/News2?abbr=tv_&page=NewsArticle&id=9555&security=1041&news_iv_ctrl=-1

Comment, but watch whole thing before you comment.
Lecrae

Brownie Points : 414
Props : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Toxic Thoughts

Post by Srusader Guy on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Shouldn't this be in Spam? o.o
Srusader Guy

Brownie Points : 786
Props : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:43 pm

General Discussion
Just talk about things that aren't necessarily spam, but don't go in the other categories.
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Araragi on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:44 pm

"400 Billion actions per second."
"I'm supposed to believe that happened by coincidence?"

I cannot express how much that bullshit flawed logic pisses me off, especially when used to try and justify religion.
Sid Roth: "I don't understand how that could have come about.
Therefore, I'm going to assume that:
A: It is incomprehensible.
B: It was god!"

Fucking stupid ass logic. Just because he doesn't understand something doesn't make it wrong. Just because scientists don't understand something doesn't make it wrong.

The fact that there are currently things unknown does not in any way imply that god exists. Lack of understanding at the current is not justification for just believing what ever the fuck you've been told to believe/you want to believe.

--------------------------------------------------------

This isn't science. This is bullshit. The power of positive thinking has no scientific backing. It's simply a case taking the facts and attempting to twist them to fit the conclusion she made before she started her research.

Of course, nothing she has said so far actually necessitates God, she simply decides that since scientists aren't really sure it is God. Of course, religious people said that about disease before, but now we know why and how it infects people. The fact that this stupid logic has been broken so many times before makes no impact though, and this broken train of though is continuously regurgitated.

I try not to get too angry about things like this, but such outright stupidity and disregard for logic and scientific method should be quashed. It needs to be quashed.

Also, no studies. None. Not one is cited. This concept has been thoroughly debunked from a physical standpoint. You can not cure a disease by being happy.

Instead of using hard facts, she simply refers to the vague "scientists". We don't know who these scientists are, we don't know if they are credible. She is just abusing the the concept that scientists know more than we do in order to avoid actually saying anything of note.

I stopped just after the commercial break. I couldn't stand it.
Araragi

Brownie Points : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Notice how I said don't comment until the end of it. For one, it wasn't stupid logic; the truths in the research she has done for 25 whole years is that it matches up with biblical principles almost exactly, and it couldn't be a coincedence. On top of that, she was presenting the reaserch she had done on the topic several times over, it was proven not just an assumption made up - 87 - 95 % of patients with physical illness is due to their thought life - she even used an example of a doctor in England I believe. And just because you do understand something, doesn't make it RIGHT either. I can take into account that since you can't even follow directions that I said, YOU must not be able to read english, but that isn't right either is it? I guess its a half and half thing when dealing with faith.
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Araragi on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:46 pm

I have no hope for you.
Araragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 pm

No hope for me to what? Razz
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Araragi on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Understand how flawed that clip was.
Araragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 am

Oh contraire, Araragi, there is no way to tell that the clip is flawed. In fact, the flawed logic would be in yours, for as most scientists do they gather all the information up on the topic and then try to provide evidence as to how the theory is flawed; instead, even though I said do not comment before you watch the whole thing, you decided to spearhead it at the first 5 or so minutes without even conducting any proper research as to how thought life can lead to physical illness, so one can only assume you did not accept it simply because it had God in it. Also, no evidence was demonstrated by you to show that this logic is flawed, and on top of that the logic of a teengar of 15-17 years who has probably never conducted research for more than five years as opposed to one that has for 25 years is supposed to be believed even without any proof? I know some scientists spend great amounts of years and are proved wrong, but it has always been known to many that I have encountered such as motivational speakers, doctors, and others that thoughts can help determine a person's behavior and physicality. You not only didn't gather up all the information like all scientists do before commenting on a subject, but you did not even follow direct instructions not to comment after you read it; and since I don't think you have conducted experiments on how to prove once and for all this God is fake, I'm not sure if I can believe your hypothesis. Everytime a topic with God comes up, you try to find the ways to prove it wrong instead of actually gathering up all the information on this subject of God and THEN trying to prove it wrong for years upon end; instead you rely on bits of information that you have ingested because it goes along with what you want to hear, and I know because I have looked at all sides of the coin through other scientists. Hopefully this proves to the viewers and yourself that, you have not even waited until all information was received on the subject before your patience ran out on a subject that you cannot effectively entirely prove wrong, so if any logic here is flawed, it would probably be yours.

Good day sir Wink
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Srusader Guy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Anisky wrote:Oh contraire, Araragi, there is no way to tell that the clip is flawed. In fact, the flawed logic would be in yours, for as most scientists do they gather all the information up on the topic and then try to provide evidence as to how the theory is flawed; instead, even though I said do not comment before you watch the whole thing, you decided to spearhead it at the first 5 or so minutes without even conducting any proper research as to how thought life can lead to physical illness, so one can only assume you did not accept it simply because it had God in it. Also, no evidence was demonstrated by you to show that this logic is flawed, and on top of that the logic of a teengar of 15-17 years who has probably never conducted research for more than five years as opposed to one that has for 25 years is supposed to be believed even without any proof? I know some scientists spend great amounts of years and are proved wrong, but it has always been known to many that I have encountered such as motivational speakers, doctors, and others that thoughts can help determine a person's behavior and physicality. You not only didn't gather up all the information like all scientists do before commenting on a subject, but you did not even follow direct instructions not to comment after you read it; and since I don't think you have conducted experiments on how to prove once and for all this God is fake, I'm not sure if I can believe your hypothesis. Everytime a topic with God comes up, you try to find the ways to prove it wrong instead of actually gathering up all the information on this subject of God and THEN trying to prove it wrong for years upon end; instead you rely on bits of information that you have ingested because it goes along with what you want to hear, and I know because I have looked at all sides of the coin through other scientists. Hopefully this proves to the viewers and yourself that, you have not even waited until all information was received on the subject before your patience ran out on a subject that you cannot effectively entirely prove wrong, so if any logic here is flawed, it would probably be yours.

Good day sir Wink

I laff at how he fails to understand how others have different points of view.

HERP DERP THE CAKE IS A LIE.

And you failed @ spelling teenager.
And Isn't Ara 18? o.o
Srusader Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 am

Well, there are people out there who are 100% sure that god exists, and there are people who feel the same way about evolution or whatever other theories.

One of them has to be wrong. So just because you believe in something, it doesn't make it the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Srusader Guy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Of course they believe what they do. But they should realize others are different. If they do not want to be converted then they won't be. So they are has fail cakes. ^_^
Srusader Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:06 pm

I never said he didn't have a different point of view, I said that it wasn't right of him to say that the clip was flawed. I did not even try to "convert" or anything, I'm just asking him to consider that point of view kinda like the whole INTJ thing you guys joke about. I don't think you can read either Sorry, because I said
have looked at all sides of the coin through other scientists
and if Ara did not want to attack my viewpoint, maybe I wouldn't have retaliated against his profane use against mine? If anyone at all, he said my point of view was so different that it needs to be quashed, and yeah thats in his post, so naive me thought a believer himself such as you would help defend my views of what truth is by Christ, but I see that is untrue of you...instead you lay a form of insult on me.
I laff at how he fails to understand how others have different points of view.

HERP DERP THE CAKE IS A LIE.

And you failed @ spelling teenager.

Read 1-2Timothy the next time you use my youth against me too - yes in the same book you "believe" in - or maybe you don't actually believe it yourself or not, its just something you've been told all your life to logically explain everything with your human intelligence - I have no idea. On top of that, if I made flaws in it you could have helped correct me, not the approach you just used. My bible tells me other believers do not do judge one another in that manner, but correct in love; as iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another. Not to say that it should be an all out against Araragi thing, but its really just from a Christian standpoint, and Christians like you were the reason I did not want to come to Christ in the first place... always judging people as if they are superior in any way :/ And @Nemesis http://www.metrolyrics.com/truth-lyrics-lecrae.html ^
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Srusader Guy on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 pm

1. Why defend? They won't agree, deals done.
2. You REALLY didn't realize that I insult you just 'cause? REALLY?
Srusader Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lecrae on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:57 pm

'just cause' or "joking" is a lame excuse to not take responsiblity for one's actions. I defend the truth because if you do not stand by what truth is, you will not make a change for the better for anyone; if many christians and people in history had said said why defend, then the world would look alot different today. I'm just saying, I did not think a Christian would not at least say something was wrong with the atheistic view; you could have not commented if you at least were not going to defend the truth. I am constantly under pressure to forsake the truth, and its frowned upon by the majority of people I talk to, so I suppose its only natural for me to be so ready to defend since sometimes I do not bear the truth so that hearts can change. I didn't mean to offend you, but there are too many fake Christians in my life right now.
Lecrae

Back to top Go down

Post by Srusader Guy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Let him believe what he believes. derp.
Srusader Guy

Back to top Go down