Crusaders

YOU MUST LOGIN

some programs to make you computer faster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

some programs to make you computer faster

Post by Suolakeksi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Ok, I made this thread just because on the server i see/hear TOO MANY players complaining that their computer(s) are slow or that their internet is slow and so on. This is most likely meant to those who don't know about computers so much.

So I've made a list of programs (that are free) that make your computer faster, these made my new computer to get to windows in 20 seconds instead of 1 minute when you start it (big difference if your in a hurry)

First CCleaner: deletes un-needed files and file cashes and cleans your registery: (makes your comp 3 times faster if you use it every day)
LINK: http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Revounistaller: this is 100% better than windows unistaller because it removes all the hidden + registery files that the program created when it was unistalled, I use this every time i unistall something:
LINK: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller-Pro/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Disk-defragmenter (windows file): run every week or month to keep your computer and games like jk3 fast (It's said that win7 & vista runs defrag automaticly, but you have to first go to options and enable inactive-scan mode). Makes your comp MUCH faster if you run it regulary:

Disk cleaner: (windows file): use this every 3 months to make sure that any windows files are optimised and unused windowsfiles (logs) are deleted from your comp to keep it fast:

-------

CCleaner and Revo-unistaller are comatible with windows xp,vista,7. Mac and linux are not 100% supported on these programs :/

With these programs you should get your comp to start up 2 minutes faster than normal (if you have an old comp) and make your comp faster in everything

If you have a good internet speed but the game lags, update your network driver/card to make it go even faster!

USE THESE PROGRAMS AT YOUR OWN WILL, DON'T START WHINING ABOUT THAT YOU KNOW SOME OF THEM OR IF YOU USE THEM ALREADY, THESE PROGRAMS ARE "SUPPORTED" BY TOMSHARDWARE SO THEY ARE GOOD PROGRAM(S) Very Happy

Hope these programs helped you guys! Wink and please don't troll this page

Last edited by Suolakeksi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suolakeksi

Brownie Points : 209
Props : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: some programs to make you computer faster

Post by Suolakeksi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 pm

If you have any other programs please add them here too Very Happy
Suolakeksi

Brownie Points : 209
Props : 0